ICND1: What were your study materials

aeroguyaeroguy Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
What resources (books, videos..etc) did you use to pass ICND1? Thanks

Comments

• colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took (and passed) the ICND1 (the new 100-101 exam) this past week. I mostly used the video course from INE and the Cisco Wiki. For labs I used GNS3. To keep it all in my head, I used Anki to create and review flashcards.
  • subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    INE videos, packet tracer, Lammle's book, CBT Nuggets
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used a combo of both Lammie and Odom CCNA books. For labbing, I used Packet Tracer and GNS3, and CBT Nuggets.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    College, Cisco Network Academy - I took CCNA (4 courses) and Wireless LANs (1 course - Not sure if it was technically a Network Academy Course, but it did help me recall stuff like FHSS and DSSS) years ago, but never took the CCNA Test(s). I had forgotten most of the Cisco specific stuff (IOS Commands, Proprietary Protocols/Extensions, etc...), except Wildcard Masks (which are an ICND2 topic anyways) for some reason, but retained much of the general networking (Subnetting, TCP vs. UDP, Devices, CSMA/CD, etc...) Interestingly, I had planned to continue on to CCNP, but they only offered each CCNP course once a year and you had to take them in a specific order. I graduated before they offered CCNP I again.

Odom's Book (Initial Study Material)
    GNS3 (Labbing)
    INE CCNA Videos (Review of Concepts)
    Packet Tracer (More Labbing)
    Boson ExSim-Max (Evaluation)
    Lammle's Book (Final Review)
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    first 6 chapters - Mike Myers Comptia Network+ Passport (3rd Ed) (nice read)
    first 6 chapters - Tom Lammle's CCNA study guide book
    All CCNA CBT nuggets videos
    I bought a lab on ebay (which I pieced together, not all at once) <-- once I got my hands on real equipment I felt real comfortable sitting for the exam.