ICND2 Fail

silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
Hi folks,
Sat for my ICND2 today and barely failed, scored 818 with 825 needed to pass - I don't think you could have gotten much closer! Rescheduling for a couple weeks from now - pretty confident I'll pass next time.

I must say, ICND2 was no joke, it was a pretty difficult exam compared to ICND1. I would rate ICND1 at maybe a 6/10 in terms of difficulty, and ICND2 would probably be around 8.5/10. Hopefully I'll be able to post my success shortly!
Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
Working on: MCITP:SA
Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA

Comments

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Sorry to hear that you haven't passed yet.
    You will get it next time.
    Good Luck on the retry.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    silverp1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Sat for my ICND2 today and barely failed, scored 818 with 825 needed to pass - I don't think you could have gotten much closer! Rescheduling for a couple weeks from now - pretty confident I'll pass next time.

I must say, ICND2 was no joke, it was a pretty difficult exam compared to ICND1. I would rate ICND1 at maybe a 6/10 in terms of difficulty, and ICND2 would probably be around 8.5/10. Hopefully I'll be able to post my success shortly!

WHOA, I also got a 818 once on the ICND2 before passing, dude I know EXACTLY how that feels. Keep hacking away and you will destroy the test next time. Just focus on the details, specifically on the sections that you did not do as well on.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    You'll get it the 2nd time! What were your area %'s like? Somehow I got really low score on the "basic config" and did good on the other areas on my first try.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Stay positive...you will pass it next try!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    @Vask3n - I know man, its awful! The receptionist handed me my score report and she was like "Jeez, that's only like one question away", knowing that makes it so much worse!

@Jean - My lowest areas were Implement IP addressing scheme... at 63%; configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing at 67% and NAT and ACL at 67%. I know I'm kind of weak with the show commands, I've been trying to find a good resource that lists them all but haven't had any luck, I think I'll end up making up a document with them myself. I'll post them if anybody is interested in them.

@Everybody else - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm pretty confident I'll be walking out with my CCNA when I take it again! icon_cheers.gif
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have $10 to spare, I'd recommend the ebook 101 CCNA Labs. I'm using it now after reading Odom's Cisco Press ICND2 guide. The labs are excellent and very repetitive. I've been using a lot of show commands that I never thought I'd memorize and after doing them so much I find myself falling back on them for troubleshooting. It's a cheap way to make them stick.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know I'm kind of weak with the show commands, I've been trying to find a good resource that lists them all but haven't had any luck, I think I'll end up making up a document with them myself. I'll post them if anybody is interested in them.

@Everybody else - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm pretty confident I'll be walking out with my CCNA when I take it again! icon_cheers.gif

Keep at it. Thanks for sharing your experience. Its much harder to write "I failed" than "I passed" (I know from experience as well). As for the commands, I found this site:

Cisco Commands

pammcabe suggested the 101 CCNA labs book. I have it too and will second his opinion.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Jean - My lowest areas were Implement IP addressing scheme... at 63%; configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing at 67% and NAT and ACL at 67%.

Looking at your score report, id suggest the following:

Subnettting practice + Lab practice = a pass the second go round icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Thanks for the lab book suggestion - I think I'll pick that up!