Advantage of separate exams vs composite exams?

p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
What is the advantage of sitting in the separate exams vs composite exams? Apart from the preparation level what other benefits do you get by sitting in ICND1 and icnd2 separately?icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    1. You get a valid credential (CCENT) after passing the first one, which gives your resume a little booster while you're working on full CCNA
    2. Should you fail ICND2, retaking it costs less than retaking the composite exam
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Chooselife,
    What is the better option at this moment if I go for the older version 1.1 of CCNA exams? Should one prefer the 640-822 & 640-816 route OR the composite 640-802 route?

Thanks
    With Regards
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I cannot comment on specific versions of the exam - I took my CCNA back in 2007 and as I understand the exam iterated through several versions since then. But if you're asking whether to take one- or two-exam route, I'd prefer the latter.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs