Options

Test in 4 days, just found out!

CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just found out that my employer has vouchers that are going expire on the 17th so they are handing them out like candy, unfortunately they put this information out a few weeks ago but I was on vacation so I did not get the word. I had a choice between several certs but N+ seemed the most realistic to prepare for in this short amount of time.

So for you experts out there.. what would you use to prepare? I'm going to check out all of the Pro Messor videos this weekend and take as many practice exams as I can find. Any other advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Codyy wrote: »
    Just found out that my employer has vouchers that are going expire on the 17th so they are handing them out like candy, unfortunately they put this information out a few weeks ago but I was on vacation so I did not get the word. I had a choice between several certs but N+ seemed the most realistic to prepare for in this short amount of time.

Ouch!!! lol almost, i am sure you must be irritated about that, wish you could reverse time, anyway i wish all the best for your exam so good luck!!! Please let us know about your results. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    Ouch!!! lol almost, i am sure you must be irritated about that, wish you could reverse time, anyway i wish all the best for your exam so good luck!!! Please let us know about your results. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks! And yeah it would have been nice to know. 2 of my bosses just returned from taking the exam, one scored 720, the lowest passing score possible lol, and the other did a bit better I believe. Neither studied much.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I would do every practice exam I could get my hands on.
    Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Sounds like a great deal. With Security+ behind you, you probably already have some knowledge so you just need to brush up on what isn't clear. In addition to looking for practice exams, I'd suggest you take a look at the Network+ objectives and see if anything is surprising to you. You can get them here: Network certification, CompTIA Network+ certification. Last, I'd suggest you read up on the new performance based questions.

The great thing about this is that you all you have to do is cram for one weekend. You'll probably pass, but even if you don't you aren't out any money and you'll have some extra knowledge.

Good luck. Let us know how you did.
  • Options
    Just passed with a 772! Not the best score but I'm pretty happy considering I took it on such short notice. Honestly, do not over think this exam, it wasn't bad at all. If I had a little more time I believe I could've hit 800, and I'm not the smartest man in the world by no means. I do work in IT but rarely on the network side of things unfortunately. I studied for 2 hours Sunday night, maybe 2 Monday night, and 5-6 last night. I watched maybe half of Professor Messer's videos, if that. His videos are extremely helpful though, I think a person can hit 800+ with just those alone if you watch them 2-4 times.

I also used the N+ "facts sheet" in the link below, print it out and take it with you to study when you're on the go. Hit the print button on the site and it's 6 pages that are really organized, this helped me a lot. I added a few lines of personal notes and that's all I needed.

Network+ Flash Cards flashcards | Quizlet
  • Options
    Also, I found out today that I have a Pearson testing center literally in the building that I live in! I'm in the military and stay in barracks, there is a room downstairs that says "Official Pearson testing center" or something of the sort, can't believe I've never seen this, but how cool is that! No excuse for not taking exams now. I can wake up, walk downstairs in my PJ's, and pass CCIE(ya right). Sorry for the rambling, still pumped from the results!
  • Options

I also used the N+ "facts sheet" in the link below, print it out and take it with you to study when you're on the go. Hit the print button on the site and it's 6 pages that are really organized, this helped me a lot. I added a few lines of personal notes and that's all I needed.

Network+ Flash Cards flashcards | Quizlet

Sounds like a plan i'l check it out, well done man congrats on pass all the best for the future!!!!!icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan i'l check it out, well done man congrats on pass all the best for the future!!!!!icon_wink.gif

Thanks! Good luck if you decide to take it, I'm sure you'll do fine with A+ behind you, I honestly fear A+ more than N+. I can see it being a more difficult exam, tons of little info you need to know.
  • Options
    I honestly fear A+ more than N+. I can see it being a more difficult exam, tons of little info you need to know.

Thanks man,

I think it wont be that difficult at all you if have some background knowledge about computers, it's just that in A+ you will be going more in details about computer hardware specification and troubleshooting a computer just like you would in network+ and besides some of the things you will learn about you already know from your security+ and network+. You just need some background knowledge about computers and there is nothing to fear, it's not that easy but its not rocket science at all.
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! 4 day prep?? I've been studying for 3 weeks and don't think I'm ready lol
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    I'm glad it worked out for you.
  • Options
    Dyasis wrote: »
    Congrats man! 4 day prep?? I've been studying for 3 weeks and don't think I'm ready lol

I know everyone is different, learns at a different pace, etc.. but if you studied the same material that I did for 3 weeks and have it down pat, you're more than ready.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass.

Good luck on the CCIE:). It might not be your next exam, but it can certainly be in your future.