Options

EC-Council ENSA

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know this thread looks is meant for CEH/CHFI, but I thought since this is EC-Council related it would be ok to post this here. Anyways I`m planning to take security+ in November, afterwards study for my ccna:security right afterwards to hopefully be prepared to take the exam in the beginning of January. I was wondering if the EC-Council's Security Network Administrator would be a good next step into the security route? I`ll be going for other certs before this one but they are not security certs. I just wanted to know if this would get me going where I need to be heading? And I know about the GIAC but compared to only $1,500 training plus certfication vs GIAC's $4000 but no voucher. I would want to wait till I get a better job to start doing GIAC certs.

Comments

• Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I suggest you take the CEH instead of the ENSA. I initially started out in the same direction but after looking at the course contents and stuff I felt the CEH made more sense having the ENSA.

A lot of people dont know about the ENSA wher as the CEH is well known.

Argument of SANS vs EC Council is something that you have to take a call on.

Both are good in their own way and have their own strengths and weaknesses. I have done both classes to say this with personal experience.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    Thanks for the reply. I plan on doing both GIAC and EC-Council routes, but I just wanted to start with EC-Council cause its the cheapest out of the two right now until I get a better job. I was hoping the ccna and ccna security I get at the end of the year might land me a better job after a graduate next year. And I think I will probably just head to CEH instead of ENSA since security+ probably covers most of that plus doesn't seem like I'll need it for CEH, and whatever info Sec+ doesn't cover GSEC from GIAC will cover plus everything else in more depth.
  • Options
    I have taken the ENSA class but I intend writing the CEH v8. But I got a chance at the work study for GSEC which is happening this month ! So put aside plans for CEH.

Your certs should suffice the skills that you will obtain in the ENSA. You can go straight out to the CEH. Then SANS and then maybe the CISSP !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• Options
    Thanks for the info, and as for as SANS how deep should I get into it before I go to CISSP? Cause ultimately I want to become a penetration tester, but I want get certs, and take class based different networking areas, and security management. To have the background how everything works, and also as a fallback just in case penetration testing doesn't work out for me. But I know the security administrator route at SANS has a lot of different certs, and can't tell if there something like I take GSEC but the go to GCIH, but then there is GCIA, and GPEN then they got the specific ones for Windows, and Linux also one just for Firewall analyst. Then they have their own management certs. It's all so much to take in, and along the lines of CEH how much does commands play in the test or the whole course over all? cause it plays a big part i was planning to get my Linux+ to get the hang of doing commands.
  • Options
    This question would be better answered by Murray or Docrice as they have more experience than I have !

• Options
    Alright thanks for the help though it really has me thinking now on how I should align my path to be more structured than general. So I could at least know after this cert I'm going to go the that on next instead of just think EC-Council---> Sans---> then CISSP in the future for sure though.
  • Options
    I ran around for a while too. You can see that from Certs list. I have finally decided to join the SANS Bandwagon along with all the Windows / Redhat / Cisco Networking certs. I work as an Architect and would like to join the Infosec World in a couple of years.

• Options
    Thats kind of the way I'm heading I'm planning to try and go the Red hat/Cisco/Vmware/ Windows track that isn't specifically Security but could help. I'm also getting into Wireless security through the CWNP track going to sit for the cwna exam on monday. I would like to be well rounded yea it will be a lot of reexamination every three or so years but I feel like it's worth it. The IT field is so broad and covers so many different subjects yet they are all so interesting in their own way. Security is my main focus though.