CCNA Help

GeorgermGeorgerm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello I am on my way to getting my certification, I just started taking ccna classes, and I am on the first module, which includes theory but a little bit of actions with packettracr and what not. I have given the objective for the next ten weeks to try and configure 2 routers to two computers. I have done everything right, but everytime I try to ping the ip, I keep getting Reqest Timed out. Is it something I have configured wrong or what ? Here are the notes I took and was given by the professor. I went and put the computers section and put two generic computers and two generic routers to start with, he doesn't want us to use the configuration panel, so I am using the manual coding. Here are the steps that I have been given and have taken first put no than config t,hostname Rs,int fa 0/0, ip add 172.16.1.2 255.255.0.0,ip config add 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0.0, clockrate 64000,no sh,exit, there is something about putting an ip route after this but I didn't understand it, maybe this is what im missing, Ps: I also went to computers and put in this ip address:172.16.1.2 mask filled ina automatically gateway 172.16.1.1 for the second pc I did the same process as above except I changed 172.16.1.2 to 192.168.1.2 because in my second comp I had, ip address 192.168.1.2 mask autofilled in(by itself) gateway 192.168.1.1. So I think all the coding is correct, but I am not being able to ping it. Please Help and Thanks in advance

Comments

• bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I'm reading this correctly, maybe it's a typo, but it looks like you are saying you have the IP address 172.16.1.2 on one router and on one PC. I think you should break down how you have each router/pc configured to make it a little easier to understand.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Georgerm wrote: »
    ...there is something about putting an ip route after this but I didn't understand it, maybe this is what im missing...

@Georgerm - apart from the possible typo that bbarrick mentioned, the ip route command is very important as it tells one router how to get to the network containing the pc on the other router. There are other ways to do this but you will learn about those as you progress in the course. For now, please do some reading on static routing.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]