Options

Failed CCENT 737

neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Describe the opertation of data networks 71%
Implement a small switched network 36%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small office 92%
Implement a small routed network 64%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 50%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100%
Implement and verify WAN links 40%

Bit bummed gonna take it again in a week, advice please thanks all

Oh to study,
CBT Nuggets watched all the videos about 3 times each. I have a real lab at home so I used that and I learnt subnetting online and used Boson Practice exams
Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]

Comments

• Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that but do not fret as it happens to all of us at some point.
    I'd suggest going over all the material and paying extra attention to Switching, Wireless, WANs as it seems these were your weakest areas according to the scores
    Having a good real lab is always a good thing but I find that for CCENT and CCNA using Packet tracer or GNS3 is a lot more helpful and scalable. Was CBT Nuggets jeremy Cioara you're only source? if so I would suggest looking at other sources. When i did my CCENT/CCNA I particularly found Router Alley and Chris Bryant helpful as they went into places which CBT Nuggets did not.

If you're doing the Boson exams and scoring at least 90% on all 3 exams without memorizing answers then you should in theory be ready.Best of luck!
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    You haven't mentioned any books? Did you just use CBT Nuggets? I'd recommend getting a book (there's loads of recommendations and opinions in the forums) to read - there's a greater depth of detail in books and you need it for the exams.

As MrXpert said, focus your practice on your weakest areas and don't get discouraged!
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • Options
    I am going to study from the CCENT book for a week the Mark Lam one then take it next week. I can see from my score though that my studying in subnetting paid off unless I am reading it wrong?
  • Options
    Do they have a second chance offer on at the moment that anyone is aware of as work wont pay twice and I dont have a spare £100 at the moment
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow I wish I had been in a job where they paid for my exams. For me, I had been out of work for 2 years and claiming job seekers allowance and had to use all my previous savings to pay for course material and exams for all the certs i've done.Paid off in the end though.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    Its ok work are paying again and its booked for next thursday at 10am. They also asked if I need anymore books so I asked for the ccent exam cram and an updated Todd Lammy book as we have fifth edition and I saw there is a 7th.

I plan to pass this time. Work have been very good to be and they want me to get ccna out of the way so I can move onto CCNP.

Looking at my score above, is it showing I dont understand how switches work because I am just going to go over Understanding LAN switches in CBT and then read it in the book some more. I have subnetting down so I wont go over that too much