Options

Certificate

Hey folks

I passed CCNA almost 1 month ago at a prometric centre. I did it by 2 exams method Intro and ICND. For intro i did not use my credit card and went to the centre for booking my exam. After passing the Intro exam and before booking ICND i was not given any Cisco ID.

For ICND i booked online and i had a Cisco ID by the time i went for 2nd attempt of ICND. And when i go to online tracking link only ICND comes under passed and there is no mention of passing INTRO exam!

What am i supposed to do in this case? Will it be tracked by Cisco or do i have to call them and inform them of the situation. It says it takes 6-8 weeks for certificate to arrive so i dint call them yet to ask for it.
:santa:

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Since you passed the intro before icnd and the first is not listed there's something wrong and you should indeed contact Cisco to make sure both exams are registered to the same candidate, you.
  • Options
    sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    thanks for the info webmaster :)

Cheers !!
  • Options
    Well the problem doesn't seem to get solved this easily! Prometric told me that i have got 2 ID's and i contacted Cisco they have the same answer! And they are trying to merge my record. I tried to contact local Cisco academy and they said they wont be able to help... So i opened a case on Cisco and hopefully i will get a reply on Monday ....
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll be able to solve the problem, may take some time though. Did you use exactly the same name/address for both exams? I had similar issue with Microsoft last year, when they send me a 'congrats with your MCP' message after I passed the 218 exam to complete my MCSA 2000.
  • Options
    thanks for sharing the story webmaster. and i used the same details :)
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Webmaster wrote:
    I had similar issue with Microsoft last year, when they send me a 'congrats with your MCP' message after I passed the 218 exam to complete my MCSA 2000.

icon_lol.gif

...and you're like: 'MCP'? it's supposed to be MCSA, folks. wake up!

I had a similar problem, too.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Matter resolved and my certificate is in Q for shipping :)

Cheers
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    I had similar issue with Microsoft last year, when they send me a 'congrats with your MCP' message after I passed the 218 exam to complete my MCSA 2000.

icon_lol.gif

...and you're like: 'MCP'? it's supposed to be MCSA, folks. wake up!

I had a similar problem, too.

I was more like: 'MCP? I got that one 6 years ago, folks, wake up!' I contacted them immediately because I sheduled the 70-292 MCSA 2000 to 2003 upgrade exam shortly after. They solved it in a matter of days though. I think the problem was actually caused at Prometric, I registered online using my account, but it seems they forwarded my exam results to MS as if I needed a new MCP ID. As if anyone would take 218 as a first MS exam...

So next time some asks whether he will get a new MCP certificate for each MS exam, the answer is 'possibly, but generally not'. ;)

Good to hear they solved it sunny.
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Since you took your exams a long time ago and then did the upgrade exam... did you have to give them your MCP ID? I will be upgrading my MCSE/ MCSA shortly but I cant find my MCP ID. Is there a quicker way to insure they get it right? (Since you experienced this all ready)
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."