Options

Passed N+ yesterday, what next ...

toctoc Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the Network+ yesterday, hardest thing was booking an appointment to take it as always, not sure what to sit next... now ive done A+. N+ ? any suggestions?

I work as a freelance IT consultant for SOHO Businesses (so have to pay for my own exams) and do a fair a mount of coding still, Originally I was going to do a Computer Science degree same as my dad did then I thought it would be better to have numerous qualifications in the same time span then if I decide to go back to employment in the future I have them with me as a way of proving my knowledge base.

Comments

• Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends on what you want to go for, but you could always go for CCENT/CCNA it helps out alot plus it goes deeper into networking so given you did N+ that should help you when start studying.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

The 2 most common places I see people going after Net+ are either the CCENT/CCNA or the Security+.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Agree with SharkDiver. If you are tired of Networking and want a break, go for the Sec +. I hear people say it is fairly easy to pick up after the Net +. Else, the CCNA path seems to bring a lot of success to those who follow it.

I personally will get the Net and Sec + exams after I complete my MCITP. Microsoft exam expiration dates are why I don't alread hold them. Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It depends on what you want to do really... You could go for the comp trio and pick up Sec+ or go for CCNA, I would venture off into CCNA, once you have that you could then go into multiple directions, voice, security, r/s, dc, wireless etc...
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Yah I'd say go for CCNA as well.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the Network+ pass.

I'd suggest Security+. You'll find that after finishing Network+ recently, a lot of the knowledge will transfer over to the Security+ making it easier to pass. You might find some of this information valuable when helping SOHO business owners and they are much more likely to understand and value "Security+" than some of the other certs. Even if they don't under know what "Security+" is, they know there are IT security risks and a consultant that understands those risks is valuable to them.

Good luck no matter what you choose.
  • Options
    toctoc Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, as im on a Comptia roll, It just seems logical so Im on to the Security+, and then ill have to decide what next after that! Im aiming to go through it as quick a I can with the added hindrance of the kids 6 weeks hols now, So that should spice it up a little.