Options

CCNA Help!

tD.tD. Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

My name is Tyla and I have just joined this Forum today.
I was looking for some pointers and help and support, I have completed my certification in CCNA, but my license is due to run out in November in which case I have to re-sit my test.

I'ts been 2 years since I left University and I haven't done anything Cisco related icon_sad.gif
We do work with certain Cisco platforms in my job but looking at CCNA now it's like a foreign language!! Of course there's newer modules even extra modules that have been added on but I was hoping someone could help me and maybe share knowledge?

I don't want to have to take the course from the beginning again it was hard enough the first time.
If anyone can help me please don't hesitate to message me!

Thanks
icon_thumright.gif
Tyla

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can take ccna security or voice passing that will renew your CCNA they're not as tough as the ccna but having the certificate without utilizing the knowledge seems a little pointless to me.
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You could always pick up a copy of Lammle and/or Odom and just take ICND2 for recertification. Personally, I would go for one of the advanced exams: kill two birds with one stone. But I guess that really depends more on your career goals and current job outlook/requirements.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We do work with certain Cisco platforms in my job but looking at CCNA now it's like a foreign language!!
    +1 - What's the point of a certification you can't utilize on-the-job or defend in an interview for a new job? If you don't need routing and switching skills, I would consider letting it lapse, and learn something more relevant to what you are doing and/or plan to do in the next couple years. If those skills would help you advance, I'd buckle down and learn the CCNA material again. It will be faster/easier the second time!