Difficulty : Server+ vs Security+

Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am studying hard for the Net+ exam and will take it hopefully within the next week. What test is harder Server+ vs Security+ ? I already have my A+ cert and hopefully in a week or two the net+ as well. Having both those certs which certification would be easiest to attain? I am somewhat thinking the Server+ since I already covered a lot of the hardware in the A+ and a lot of the networking in the Net+ exams. I am cramming this summer and going to add as many certs to my resume as I can. I had just the A+, but now I passed an MTA last week so that is two certs now. My goal is to have 4-5 certs on my resume sometime in the middle of August. Opinions on what cert is easier to get?
... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula

Comments

• Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken either but based on the fact you just finished A+ and still have it fresh in your mind I recommend you do server+ you are going to see alot of the same hardware concepts (Raids, ram, ect.) With some more server specific concepts.
    Security+ I just started studying but there's more software/knowledge info than hardware.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Security+ involved more studying and more memorization for me. I enjoyed studying for the Server+ a lot more than Security+.

Server+ is almost like an "A+ Advanced" certification. Sort of continues on where A+ stops.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After you do Network+ go do Server+ unless in your area there is a lot of DOD jobs. Server+ is really an advanced A+. Good thing about Server+ you can get the voucher cheap and also the study guides cheap.