Options

Incident Queue

process_improvementprocess_improvement Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is not really a certification question but this seemed like the best forum for my question. I work at a small MSP with 3 full time help desk agents. The SLA for incidents is 2 hours (for non-critical incidents). The company does not want to outsource its help desk and does not want to use a phone queue because the clients are small and don't want to hold. I'm on the list of people tasked with finding a way to operate a help desk at peek efficiency. There have been times when SLAs were not met for reasons unknown. As it stands, incidents are prioritized and responded to by help desk without any quantification. Will introducing statistics likely cause employees to feel untrusted? Do you feel statistics motivate help desk staff to work more efficiently? In such a small environment, is there any more efficient way to get incidents in the hands of helpdesk staff other than waiting for them to grab the next ticket? I'd like to know a good resource for help desk design if such a thing exists.

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi, any stats that you use for the helpdesk should be based on business priorities, so that would be the place to start. What are the services, who are the clients, is the 2 hour SLA correct etc? If the helpdesk staff can see metrics brought in that make their lives easier (for example not getting shouted at by angry customers) you should not meet resistance, but you will need to handle communication carefully. Try http://www.thinkhdi.com/ for more information. Claire