Options

PASSED today!!!

aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So excited! Worth all the hard work. Passed today with a 765.

As far as the test was concerned, I've got to say it was actually much harder than I had anticipated. I was scoring 90%'s on all my practice quizzes on the first run through yet I was not confident at all that I had passed the actual exam until I got my score at the end. The scenario questions were pretty tough and I wasn't confident on any of the simulations. I think the main issue, is that a lot of the stuff people mentioned as being on their exam or not being on their exam were the complete opposite for me. I had subnetting questions, I didn't have to know 568A or B wiring. I was barely asked any port number questions. So a lot of what I was being questioned on came out of left field. For someone studying, I would suggest that no area is too specific or minor to disregard. Learn ALL of it and be confident that you know all of it before taking the exam. Regardless though, it's a learning experience and I'm glad I passed! Going on to the Security+ after I take a week to recoup! Good vibes today! icon_cheers.gif

By the way, for anyone who is curious I used these study materials in this order:
Microsoft Window's Networking Essentials by Darril Gibson (read front to back once)
CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 5th Edition By Mike Meyers (read front to back once, then skimmed a second time over)
CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Exam Cram by Emmett Dulaney and Michael Harwood (read about 1/4 of this one)

My only on the job tech experience is 8 months of Internet Help Desk. I have an associates degree in computer hardware from like 5 years ago. And I had a 1 month network internship 5 years ago as well.
2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)

Comments

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on Security+
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Good Luck on Security+.
  • Options
    b18c195b18c195 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. I just took the exam last friday too it was alot harded than i though it would be...
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! good luck with Sec+!

I've just finished my book, Mike Myers All in One 5th edition and now I'm reading the exam cram and doing some professor messer vids for reviewing. So I'll be taking the exam in a few weeks
  • Options
    survivor030406survivor030406 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass aderon! I plan to take the Network+ exam after I finish the PDI+.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Great feedback on the exam. They can ask questions on a wide variety of topics and if you skip a topic, you just might get hammered on the exam with questions on that topic.
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    N+ was my first IT cert. I passed with a 790 something. Got a call for an IT interview a week later. Definitely worth it, congrats.
  • Options
    Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cheers.gif
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/