Switching ISP's

bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

The company I work for is looking at switching from their current T1 to AT&T Fiber Broadband bundle which includes a 23 chan pri and 10M fiber connection. Anyone had any experience with ATT fiber? Anything I should watch out for or be aware of? We have a BCM 50 currently running off analog card so I plan on switching that for a PRI module but other then that I am not sure what I need to plan for..

Thanks.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    AT&T has worked out the kinks out of that service, but man for about 2 years it was nothing but problems. Faxing still doesn't work well on it, so I would skip that portion of it. However for the price its a good deal if configured correctly. The problems that i had was that they would give you the PRI and data, but if you overloaded your circuit call quality would suffer and users think its the phone system its its actually a QOS problem upstream that you have no control over.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Faxing never works right when it is run over SIP.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Faxing was a challenge the 1st few years I played with sip(2008-9), but over the past few years I have gotten it to work, i wouldn't recommend it, but I can get it to work.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related