Options

Cisco Configuration Professoinal question

HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
After hours of trying I just can't get Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) to load on Win 7.

The error message I keep getting references my missing IE Java plug-in Ver 1.6.0_11.

Is anyone else having trouble loading/installing CCP?

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For the Java problem, see this thread (the main issue relates to running CCP as Administrator):
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2082205#ji

If you end up with problems viewing CCP, see this thread (Add compatibility 127.0.0.1 to IE):
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2206162
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This may or may not be the issue but try loading up IE (64 bit version) and going to java.com. Java will detect the 64bit browser and download the 64bit version of java.
  • Options
    HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have CCP working but it takes a long time to load, be patient.

I tried loading Internet Explorer 10. IE 10 failed. Only half the page of CCP would load.
    - I uninstalled IE 10 using: control Panel, Programs and Features, View installed updates...
    - by default when you uninstall IE 10 you end up with IE 9, in my case IE 9 (64bit).

Now running Internet Explorer 9 (64bit) with the latest (most current) Java and Adobe Flash players!

* I set CCP to run with full admin rights.
    - right click CCP desktop shortcut:
    - select: Properties, Compatibility, Privilege Level, Change settings for all users, (check box for "Run this program as an administrator".
    - or each time you launch CCP just right click the desktop shortcut and select "Run this program as an administrator".

* I also have IE 9 running in Compatibility View.
    see: tool bar (alt key), select tools, Compatibility View Setting.
    - check box for: "display all web pages in Compatibility View"

** I also added web site 127.0.0.1 & ciscocp.com to Compatibility view, not sure if this helps.
    - when I reload my system these two web site settings are no longer showing yet CCP still loads.
  • Options
    juuujuuu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all, CCP is running fine with me. But when i want to configure IPS (Intrusion Prevention) it gives an error that my java memory heap size is less then 256 mb. I had to configure -Xmx256m in the running parameters of Java (control panel, java, tap java, view) wich I did. But it still doesn' t work. Does anyone has an idea what can solve this issue? I have the latest version of java. When I installed CCP it said that it couldn't find java but it referred to an older version of java (but CCP still worked). But IPS does not. Tx
  • Options
    Nimal-slNimal-sl Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi i had the same problem. Even when I set it to –Xmx256m or –Xmx512m will still give the error. The solution is over here:
    How To Fix Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) 'Java Memory Heap Size Less Than 256MB Error' & Java Runtime Environment Settings

The part to pay attention is:
    "..It should be noted that even if other versions of Java are installed on our system, the error will continue, until the correct version of Java is installed.

For this reason, it is imperative Java version 1.6 Update 17 is installed. Users are not required to uninstall existing versions of Java. Installing the provided Java version and following our procedure, will get the job done.

To help make life easier for its readers, Firewall.cx has made the Cisco Configuration Professional program and Java version 1.6 Update 17 available as a free download in our Cisco Tools & Applications download section. It is advisable to download and install this Java version before proceeding with the next steps."

So the fix is you need to install the exact version of Java and set the memory value against it :)

Finally fixed it for me. :) hope this helps someone