Options

what are the requirements for "help desk analyst"?

ThexzenoThexzeno Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey techexams been lurking the site for a while and finally decided to sign up.

i have my A+ and CCENT but I live in michigan and while i don't really see a lot of postings for basic help desk positions, i always see alot for help desk analyst positions but i have no clue whats the difference. is analyst more business oriented than tech or are they practically the same?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Don't let the titles confuse you. There is no standard in the industry and what one company calls an analyst another might call an engineer. Just go off what the job duties are.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Where I work that just means you can answer a phone and read english[<- Although this part is becoming less and less required]
    However they are basicaly the exact same thing. Adding Analyst to it just makes it look fancier.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    ThexzenoThexzeno Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks alot guys
  • Options
    DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea my official title is Systems Analyst, but its more of a systems admin job. They give us titles to make us seem fancy.
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers:
  • Options
    bgaudybgaudy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think part of the philosophy of glorified titles in IT positions are to give people some sense of accomplishment..
    Take two identical jobs.. One of them "Help Desk Analyst", the other "Junior IT Grunt Meatshield" .... which do you think will inspire more competency just based off the title?