Options

Associate of (ISC)2 toward SSCP earned today!

aaronwaaronw Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the SSCP exam earlier today. With my lack of work experience, I will only be an Associate of (ISC)2 toward SSCP.

I used the All-In-One book by [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Darril mainly. Additionally, I supplemented with the official SSCP book and CBT Nuggets.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am trying to decide between CEH and CASP as the next on my list. CASP has the advantage of being cheaper, as with CEH I am lacking the experience to just take the test. Moreover, I would need to at least take the CEH online course to be eligible. However, it seems like CEH might be better in terms of progression.[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What career path are you after that you think CEH would better for career progression?
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Congrats.

I wanna tackle the SSCP but i'm just so darn lazy.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I hope to take the SSCP soon but I'll be on the "Associate" status. So I'm not sure if it will help me with jobs or not. I'm also going to to be take the CEH exam here in about two months (maybe).

Did you take any courses for hacking at the university/college?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I meant progression in terms of logical order for the certs. I am just trying to get started in Info Sec, so I am getting them mainly to help with that. From what I've been reading, it seems like CEH is more entry level and may make more sense to tackle before CASP.

I have a M.S. in Information Security, but did not take any courses on hacking.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass. I hope to take the SSCP soon but I'll be on the "Associate" status. So I'm not sure if it will help me with jobs or not. I'm also going to to be take the CEH exam here in about two months (maybe).

Did you take any courses for hacking at the university/college?

How long have you been studying for CEH? I'd better get started if I plan to take it before CEH v8 is the only one. It seems like there is very little study information available for the newer version.