Options

Using the "Doc CD" for labbing

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
So i've started using the "Doc CD" as my configuration reference during my labbing instead of google to get more familiar with it and start learning the navigation of topics. How is everyone else approaching the Doc CD?

Here is what i'm using for routing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use the CCO exclusively for work and studying now- it's hard, but it's helped a lot. From what I've heard, this is the actual page you'll see during the CCIE lab- so it's a good idea to get used to navigating to the appropriate documentation from here.

Select Your Product or Technology - Product/Technology Support - Cisco Systems

Key links from that page I utilize are Cisco IOS software > IOS > 12.4T > etc > etc (forget the actual links, but it's pretty self-explanatory) - that leads you to the configuration guides.

I also navigate to switches > Campus LAN Switches > Catalyst 3560 switches > Configuration Guides > Appropriate IOS release (ie: 12.2(44)SE) - that gives you most of the switch stuff you'd need.

I also have come to use the "master index" quite a bit for things I know the syntax of, but forget defaults, or other details..so for example, if I know the command starts "ip ssh" - I'll look that up in the master index and be able to read about that specific command and any other relevant notes.