Writing test in a month, Need some study help for Network +

bobafett108bobafett108 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, hope some people can help. having hard time getting into study mode for Network+. done some pre test and have not done to well. Any suggestion be great, I have 12 years of computer repair work, I have my A+, Server+ certificates. Also am a certified Lenovo Desktop and Notebook tech.

Comments

• DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are you using to study? Youtube? CBT? etc... any books?
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should get Mike Meyer's Network+ book as a study guide and watch Professor Messor's videos on trainsignal or youtube they are free online or you could get some CBT nuggets and i also advise you to download the objectives for the exam to help you know what you should expect from the exam and you can carry on doing some practice test. All the best, good luck!!!
  • bobafett108bobafett108 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks, I do have the mike Meyers books and am reading that throu, also watching some cbnuggest. fingers crossed , I don't feel very confident going into this one, A+ test were a joke and the server + was fairly easy
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    You should get Mike Meyer's Network+ book as a study guide and watch Professor Messor's videos on trainsignal or youtube they are free online or you could get some CBT nuggets and i also advise you to download the objectives for the exam to help you know what you should expect from the exam and you can carry on doing some practice test. All the best, good luck!!!

I am using Mike Meyers book now and watching professor Messor's video now to help me prepare for the network+ exam. Both the book and videos are great. The youtube videos are great for explaining networking concepts that might be hard to comprehend by text alone. I also would recommend checking your local library for networking books too. I found about 4 Network+ books from several libraries in my area as well as two CCNA books. Several of the books also come with CD's with 150-500+ extra questions along with practice tests.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • bobafett108bobafett108 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the input, doing so so on tests, just got to get motivated into studying, so not into it this time