Options

Teksystems Question Part 2

SoulSearcherSoulSearcher Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
ok so I talked to both my Teksystems recruiter and my boss. My boss says the only way he can hire me on as an independent contract would be to get the written permission from teksystems (which it states in the contract) or get a new Teksystems contract for 6 months without that clause and then when it ends, hire me in for independent contracting.

My recruiter said there would be no problem if my boss hired me as a Full time employee but there is no room in the head count for that at the moment.

What are the chances I can get this written permission paper from Teksystems to release me from that Restrictive Covenant? If the client had the room, teksystems would lose me anyways so why not let me go independent? My recruiter told me he would call my boss this week and discuss some ways to get around the 180 day restriction.

(This teksystems office is very legit and I have no complaints about them at all. I have read so many bad stories about teksystems offices around the country really handling their contractors in a bad way. This is most definitely not one of them. I have always been paid on time and all my emails and questions answered within hours.)

Comments

• Options
    brucet3brucet3 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If the client had room, they would hire you. But then they would then have to pay Teksystems their cut for finding you... I've heard it can be based on a percentage of your yearly or a set amount in the contract.

Basically, they own your contract and thus you. If you are getting $15 an hour paid to you, Teksystems is getting $30 or $40 for every hour you work.

Its not in their best interest to let you go, so why would they? The only way around your 180 day restriction is cold hard cash.
  • Options
    SoulSearcherSoulSearcher Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What I mean is, that if the client had room to put me on a regular payroll...which teksystems doesn't know or not, they would lose me anyways, so why not give me the written permission to go independent? I guess it's just one of those things.