EC-Council Higher Up Certs

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know a lot of people talk about CEH, and how some of the tools are outdated, and they don't go that deep into it, but what about the ones after CEH. It seems they are not that well known, but whether they are well known or not doesn't matter to me I just want to learn the material enough to give me an idea on to were to go from there. And the ones I'm talking about are the ECSA, and LPT certifications. Just wanted to know if anyone else have gotten those certs, and how is the material on them.

Comments

• Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Arod95 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people talk about CEH, and how some of the tools are outdated, and they don't go that deep into it, but what about the ones after CEH. It seems they are not that well known, but whether they are well known or not doesn't matter to me I just want to learn the material enough to give me an idea on to were to go from there. And the ones I'm talking about are the ECSA, and LPT certifications. Just wanted to know if anyone else have gotten those certs, and how is the material on them.

One has to pass both the CEH and ECSA exams in order to get the LPT cert. Actually, ECSA is often referred to as "advance hacking" course which, in a way, is a continuation of CEH. So, if you don't see the value of CEH, the same will apply to ECSA. I also intend to study ECSA and I have ordered 5 EC-Council ECSA press books from Amazon at a cost of about USD180. I have not receive the books yet but, I guess it should be as good as the materials used in an instructor-led or online training.
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not saying that I have not earned it myself or read the books I only saying others opinions. I just wanted know the opinions of others on the other certs . Either I just want to know what I'm going to get into I'm going to take them regardless. So when you finish your ECSA I'd really appreciate it if you let me know how it is? Also it would be nice to know your option on CEH.
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    still a few months down to road :) Hope we can get some inputs from those who have already taken the ECSA exam. According to the EC website, the exam has 50 questions only . . but, it does not mean that it will be easy though :)