Qualys Certified Vulnerability Management Expert

I came across this suite of tools very recently and had the opportunity to attend their One day class on Vulnerability Management with respect to their tool for the same use.

Was surprised that the class happened in India in the first place. Second they dont charge a cent for the class or the exam.

Class and exam can be taken online. Cert is also available online once you clear the exam.

They have other classes as well such the Policy Compliance , Advanced Vulnerability Management , Web Application Scanning and others.

Kindly check their website and register.

https://community.qualys.com/community/training

All classes are available online and some of them are in person too. Register early to get confirmed seats !

Please do post your experiences on the exam and the study path that you have chosen.

Cheers

Chanakya
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    neat .. bookmarking the URL for later .. thanks for the share
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    interesting. started testing their free scanner. I'll have to see what else they have.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took the vulnerability management class and really enjoyed it. Especially, since ALL of their courses are free (meals and snacks too icon_cheers.gif). Took and passed the exam too. Great day away from the office and I got some good training to boot.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats on the pass !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone done the online class for this?
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hi,

How difficult was the exam?
    Any more feedback about this exam & training ?

Cheers
  • towentumtowentum Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The exam is simple as long as you take notes and pay attention. I recently took the Vulnerability management exam and passed 100%. The platform itself is intuitive enough, and you still have your lab access during the exam so you can go and reference it if needed.
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed both of them- Vulnerability Management and PCI Compliance. Do you happen to know other free certification exams like these?
  • vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed both of them- Vulnerability Management and PCI Compliance. Do you happen to know other free certification exams like these?

its still free ?
  • ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the online class and followed up with the exam. If you are a experienced qualys user, the class will be 80% review and the exam will be a breeze.
    vynx wrote: »
    its still free ?

yes it is
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice find. I applied for a few jobs but they specifically wanted somebody with Qualys experience. I tried the free trial but they never sent me the access code. I emailed them but never got a response and by then the job listing was gone.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    Nice find. I applied for a few jobs but they specifically wanted somebody with Qualys experience. I tried the free trial but they never sent me the access code. I emailed them but never got a response and by then the job listing was gone.

You need to create an account on the Qualys training and certification website. They provide you the material and different online or self paced courses. I'm actually going to start this in the next few weeks as I'll be implementing Qualys VM in our environment. I've used it before, very well thought solution from what I've seen so far.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just passed this. This is an open book exam. Very easy, I have some experience with Qualys and will be more heavily involved going forward, thats the reason I went for it. Plus, its a solution that is widely used and I've seen postings requiring Qualys experience. They do rpovide you with a 2 weeks trial account to practice. I didnt use this as it takes 2 business day to be setup, my current experience was enough to pass it. I will be looking at the rest of the Qualys suite also. Bonus, the cert provides 8 CPE's for CISSP.
  • anindianfororanindianforor Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE said:
    dhay13 wrote: »

You need to create an account on the Qualys training and certification website. They provide you the material and different online or self paced courses. I'm actually going to start this in the next few weeks as I'll be implementing Qualys VM in our environment. I've used it before, very well thought solution from what I've seen so far.

Were you able to create an account from that page? It is strange but I am unable to create an account using the "Request New Account" link on that page. It shows Security verification as a mandatory field at the bottom but doesn't show anything there and the submission fails. Has anyone else faced this? I don't know where to reach Qualys asking for support for this.