Options

CCENT Tomorrow 7/31

taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
So I have my CCENT exam tomorrow morning. This will be my second attempt as I failed the first time pretty badly (624 I think?). Any last minute tips at all? I'm finally starting to understand subnetting which killed me the first time.

Also, did anyone have to configure RIP in their exam?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    At this point you either know it or you don't. Just try and relax and be ready to go in the morning.

No one can tell you what they did or did not have to configure on their exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've got mine on August 1st this week. Good luck and keep studying! Let us know how it turns out.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm finally starting to understand subnetting which killed me the first time.
    Since it's too late to re-schedule, I'd balance reviewing with getting enough rest and relaxation. You need to know the material to pass, but you also need to have a sharp mind so you aren't slow or making silly mistakes.
    Also, did anyone have to configure RIP in their exam?
    Careful. You don't want to get disqualified from holding Cisco certifications.
  • Options
    Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How did the exam go? Hopefully you have more letters after your name now.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Options
    sincere11105sincere11105 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since it's too late to re-schedule, I'd balance reviewing with getting enough rest and relaxation. You need to know the material to pass, but you also need to have a sharp mind so you aren't slow or making silly mistakes.

How would that happen? Just out of curiosity?
  • Options
    CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□

And there lies my problem. I know the material well. But I'm just terrible at taking tests. Always have been.
  • Options
    xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    How would that happen? Just out of curiosity?

By violating their NDA. NDA doesn't equal cheating; telling someone specifics of the exam that Cisco hasn't provided i.e. I had a RIP simulation violates NDA.

As I've found out you have to be careful with this... study partners can get YOU in trouble if they don't pay attention / verify their sources. Read over them and make sure you understand them; its easy to violate them without meaning to.
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Carnby wrote: »
    And there lies my problem. I know the material well. But I'm just terrible at taking tests. Always have been.

I used to think the same thing about tests...and math, really used to think I was horrible at math. Practice taking the test, if you know the material the practicing the test will make it easy. A difficult task is changing ones mentality, but once they do they realize they have just changed their ability as well.

Someone once told me that us American parents often tell our children that they were bad at a specific subjects ie: math, English etc..., and that they should go ask their other parent. This often puts the child into a situation where if they find something difficult they give up easier because they tell themselves they must be just like their parent who also believes they are bad at that subject.
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I passed! Barely.....

I scored an 812 (yikes!), but a pass is a pass. Now onto my CCNA studies. Thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Passing is all that counts. Now touch up on those weak spots and head to the next one. Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    great job man, I knew someone that took 3 tries to pass but a pass is a pass good luck on the icnd2
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed! Barely.....

I scored an 812 (yikes!), but a pass is a pass. Now onto my CCNA studies. Thanks to everyone that helped out!

Don't get too hung up on the score, you gon't get CCENT with credit or CCENT+ or ++ or +++++++ you get CCENT if you pass, that it and nothing more. Enjoy the pass and either take a few days off, you have earned them or be a masochist and dive in with CCNA.

Don't forget the CCENT studies, if you don't use IP addressing on a daily basis then have a quick review to keep yourself familiar with the concepts which saves trying to cram the topic again for the next exam.

Well done and success for the next one.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”