Options

Army MOS to SSCP experience?

mmeravy34mmeravy34 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of Army MOS' that would qualify as experience for the SSCP cert. Preferably if anyone knew if the MOS 15E (unmanned systems repairer) qualified as experience?

Comments

• Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    do you have any experience in any of the following areas?
    The SSCP credential demonstrates competency in the following CBK® domains:
    • Access Controls
    • Cryptography
    • Malicious Code and Activity
    • Monitoring and Analysis
    • Networks and Communications
    • Risk, Response and Recovery
    • Security Operations and Administration
    Valid experience includes information systems security-related work performed, or work that requires information security knowledge and involves direct application of that knowledge. For the SSCP certification, one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK® is required. If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)²® until you have gained the required experience.

To my knowledge of what your MOS does I would say no... not your MOS by itself. What would qualify you is an additional duty like IMO. Usually the 25 series is what will get you in but there are lots of positions that qualify under the IA workforce like IMO or COMSEC custodian, etc.
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MOS 15E would not qualify as experience. 25 series MOS or MOS 35Q -Would be the best bet to gain the needed experience. For 15E MOS, take a look in the Network and Communications domain and see what is similar to your job duties. Depends on how in depth you get in securing the communications between the UAV and terminal and/or if you work troubleshooting and securing the OS of the bird. However, there is always the Associate route till you gain some more experience...
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    mmeravy34mmeravy34 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the info. As a 15E I do troubleshoot the connections between the Control stations, Data Terminals and the aircraft, but that isn't really an everyday thing. For a while in my unit I was an Admin for our logbook system which is run through a server and had to troubleshoot that connection from time to time as well. But I'm deployed right now and am trying to get into the infosec field when I come home so just trying to figure out which certifications would be viable to go for, for like an entry level job.
  • Options
    joedainjoedain Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is one MOS in the AMRY that gives you everything you would need depending on the years you stay in.

I was a 33W, which is now a 35T. Best to just Google it to see how awesome it is :) Reclass if you can.

I worked on the RQ-7B for 2 years as a 35T.