CCNA passed

CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
After 60 days of self studying I pasaed my first attempt at the CCNA exam. I just barley passed with an 828. I blame a lot of the low score on being so nervous! I took almost 30 minutes on the first question, which was a sim.

Regardless I'm so happy that I got it. I'm going to read through Lammle's book again to improve on my weaknesses.

Material used:
CCNA in 60 Days
Todd Lammle's book.
Packet Tracer
Boson Practice Tests
homemade flash cards
...and studying every day, 2 to 4 hours a day.

Feedback results:

Describe how a network works --- 100%

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications --- 79%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium size enterprise --- 67%

Config, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices --- 77%

Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN --- 100%

Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats --- 67%

Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network --- 40% (ouch! What happened here!?)

Implement and verify WAN links --- 67%

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! No better way to start the weekend off than a pass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! I love seeing posts like this. We all have weak areas, just try to constantly improve.
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome and well done icon_thumright.gif
  • CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Da iawn - that's Welsh for WELL DONE icon_smile.gif
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
  • dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and 60 days is pretty quick! What's next?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with next cert journey
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!
    dehgrah wrote: »
    Congrats, and 60 days is pretty quick! What's next?

Thank you. 60 days was quick, and perhaps that is why my score is borderline passing. But prior to studying, I had experience with CCNA. I took some classes on CCNA last year at my local community college. Infact, I don't graduate until this semester. Having a CCNA before graduating makes me very proud of my accomplishments since returning to school for a new career.

As for what's next... this may sound random, but I'm leaning toward MCSA. I think having knowledge of both networks and systems is beneficial.

I updated the original post with my exam feedback.
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    @Carnby a pass is a pass icon_thumright.gif
    You just reminded me, I was so nervous I entered that I was under 18 at the beginning of the test icon_lol.gif
    I have to ring Pearson tomorrow and explainicon_redface.gif
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • Master13Master13 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Carnby...this is definitely an inspiration. I will take your materials needed under my wing and go from there..congrats.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Carnby wrote: »
    Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network --- 40% (ouch! What happened here!?)

My understanding is that Cisco weights different types of questions differently. If you did not receive very many NAT/ACL questions (quite likely since this appears to be the composite 640-802 test) and if one of those was a Sim its possible that you could receive a poor section score.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! I used the same 60 days book. Pretty good tool to structure your studying!

enjoy the weekend! I know you earned it icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security