Options

Passed RHCSA Today. yet disappointed

So I found out I passed my RHCSA test today...
but I have to admit, after seeing my score...
I'm extremely disappointed and don't agree.

I honestly walked out on the test with 30mins left and thinking that if I didn't get a perfect score,
I would have at least hit 275.

I get back I only scored 216.

I'm happy I passed, but Idunno this bugs me.

Anyone else have similar experience?
nerd power.

Comments

• Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I understand how you feel, too bad Red Hat does not give out the sections you missed on...
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look at the positives you have passed which makes you someone who I look up to and respect. I want to one day obtain this cert so good job :)
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually, I've had the same feeling. On the RHCSA, I was feeling very confident but I barely passed with 220 on the RHCE I was afraid that I didnt make it yet I've had 260. I think the the each subject is weighted different so this is why you get these type of results. But I believe that this is the right way for this kind of exam (different topics have different difficulties)
  • Options
    xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    I woke up this morning feeling better about the situation. I don't care about the score anymore.
    I passed, I'm certified, and I can confidently say I know how to do everything that was asked of me on the exam.

I think I was just caught up on the structure of the exam. I might have misread something (I do that a lot).

I'm also wondering if you get penalized for doing things they DIDNT ask. I created extra accounts and installed extra packages to verify my work.
    Sure there's other ways of verifying, but I wanted to use utilities I was more comfortable/familiar with.

I'm going to take my time with my RHCE.. I have a few other certs I need to knock out.

Thanks for the kind words.
    nerd power.