Options

Java app integrate with AD

Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I need to create an java app daily password generator to change one of the AD admin accounts password to the formula generated by the java app. I know how to calculate the formula, but how can I output the generated password to the AD account?

Thank you in advance.
"Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
2013/2014 Certifications
CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I haven't looked in a while but you may want to explore JNDI. It's probably where you want to start. The JNDI Tutorial
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JNDI is better suited for use with products developed in Java (e.g., directory services from IBM or Oracle). It may not be impossible to accomplish your goal using Java. For AD, however, you will most likely be better off using PowerShell or VBScript.

If you decide to use PowerShell, the TechNet repository may be a good place to start. You should be able to tweak this template to your liking. Once your script is complete, you should be able to use Scheduled Tasks to run it at your chosen interval.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.