How to delete a vunch of vlans?

workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
I tried ”no vlan 10 20 30 11 22 33 55" to delete all these vlans in one shot. I wish the command does work like this, But it doesn't work. How to delete a bunch of vlans fast?

Comments

• iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    pretty sure it's just

no vlan 2-1000

That would delete the range.

I'm sure that works on my lab, but I just tried it in PT and it didn't work...I never trust PT though. icon_smile.gif
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    delete flash:vlan.dat
  • xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    FloOz wrote: »
    delete flash:vlan.dat

That will certainly delete a bunch (all) of vlans.
  • workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
    xXErebuS wrote: »
    That will certainly delete a bunch (all) of vlans.

I thought about this when I posted my question. The difference is, "del vlan.dat" deletes the file only. It require a reload. And if the client is connected, Voila! all the vlans are back. "no vlan 10" would actually take vlan 10 out of the network.
    I thought about this when I posted my question. The difference is, "del vlan.dat" deletes the file only. It require a reload. And if the client is connected, Voila! all the vlans are back. "no vlan 10" would actually take vlan 10 out of the network.

You talking about in a VTP domain? Number 1 don't use VTP for the same reason, but you could set a switch to have the vlans your network needs (i.e. remove the "bunch" you are referring to) and make sure it has a higher revision number... place in network.
  • canojcanoj Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you tried "no vlan 2-4094" command that was recommended to you in your other thread?
    canoj wrote: »
    Have you tried "no vlan 2-4094" command that was recommended to you in your other thread?

Not sure if he wants to delete ALL of the vlans...
  • canojcanoj Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□