Options

F.A.S.T wizard

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
Where does the F.A.S.T wizard put the file it creates?

I ran the wizard and told it to put the file in a directory on my network drive but the file is not in that folder.

Does anyone know what the file is called that it creates so I can do a search for it?
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jescab wrote:
    Where does the F.A.S.T wizard put the file it creates?

I ran the wizard and told it to put the file in a directory on my network drive but the file is not in that folder.

Does anyone know what the file is called that it creates so I can do a search for it?

F.A.S.T. automatically saves the collected data to a folder called USMT2.UNC (or similar name) as a file named IMG00001.DAT.
  • Options
    Any idea what directory it makes this folder in?
  • Options
    jescab wrote:
    Any idea what directory it makes this folder in?

Best guess would be to perform a search for the dat file. It’s in the location specified when the wizard prompts you to: where to save the file.
  • Options
    Yes, and when it prompted me I said save it in a folder on my network drive and it is not there. I just did a search on my whole system including network drive for that folder and that file and it did not find anything.
  • Options
    jescab wrote:
    Yes, and when it prompted me I said save it in a folder on my network drive and it is not there. I just did a search on my whole system including network drive for that folder and that file and it did not find anything.

Are you able to save the file to a local drive? If the overall process isn’t time consuming, I would re-try the wizard. The old and new computer does have the same OS & SP, correct? Otherwise, there might be some corruption in the FAST wizard process.
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    dunno if this could be right, but if where you are saving it too, do you have the right permisions to do it? i.e its on and NTFS drive and you dont have modify/write permition? just a stab in the dark :D