Options

VCAP5-DCD today - experience

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Brutal!

100 questions all up, with 6 design ones thrown in, how's it humanely possible to concentrate for almost 4 long hours? Two designs just wouldnt work, I was mid way through one of them when it went out of frame and then suddenly random HBA cards showed up. I couldn't delete them, Start Over/Undo didnt help either. Another question asked me to do something while the Create objects were of something altogether different. Bizarre... One design question was so long-winded that I got lost in it. Spent like 15 minutes without having drawn anything on the canvas. At that point, I just clicked next to move on to the next question. Only 2 design questions were 'easier', there wasn't random stuff thrown here and there and the scenario was well presented.

Apart from the goofy design questions, I probably had more than my fair share of drag and drop questions. Likely had about a dozen of them. Not easy I tell ya! Some of drag and drop bits had almost identical wording, for some you could/should drag multiple items across. There were your typical multiple choice questions, choose one/two/three. Didnt have any of those choose-any-that-apply type ones, thankfully.

I have a 100% discount voucher that I got from attending the Design Workshop that I can apply towards the next attempt. I'll cop it on the chin and count my first attempt as a test run. Now I know what this beast looks like.

How do I regroup - Read more and more of the case studies that the blueprint links to. I'll read Dave's VCDX doco in detail too. They also like to ask intricate details, stuff like how many NIC's a VM can possibly take and how you multi-NIC vMotion (neither on my exam, no NDA infraction, just giving you an idea). There was a fair bit of upgrading systems thrown in, in short they asked me questions about pretty much everything.

O and I scored a 256, FWIW. Dont think I deserved a pass comparing with what I knew/how I prepared and what the exam threw at me. Back at it tomorrow, need to give my brain a much needed rest, it's fried.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments