SSCP passed! 5 weeks wait for results

juliskjulisk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all !

Took my SSCP exam on 07/01 and just got results yesturday - looooong wait! But i passed icon_cheers.gif
I want to share my strategy as for preparation.
I've used
-CBK SSCP book (which written very dry - just facts and some are pretty outdated)
-Darril Gibson's All-in-One Exam Guide which comes with test software with 125 questions
-Shon Harris CISSP All-in-One - did not read the whole book, used it only for clarification of some moments

All this books are good and helped a lot, but Darril's questions are not enough. They actually reminded me questions for Security+ exam and SSCP had way more sophisticated questions and used weird wording sometimes. SSCP exam is about thinking and making decisions when Security+ is facts that you either know or you dont (if you want a comparison).
I've used some questions here and there to practice before exam, but i havent used cccure.org unfortunatelly. I believe its a great source for CISSP candidates.

I dont have a person who would endorse me, so I will apply for ISC's assistance. Does anyone know how that is happening?
Is it a simple ph call/email to my previous employer or a visit or may be something else?
I appreciate any help! Thank you!

Comments