Options

PluralSight Aquires Trainsignal and PeepCode

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
A PluralSight subscription is only $30 a month. They are mostly .Net developer centric but they have just purchased a company called PeepCode that specializes in a lot of different open source technologies. Most importantly they have acquired Trainsignal. It will likely be a little while before the full transition occurs but the new subscription price seems to be dropping to $30.

Pluralsight Acquires TrainSignal | the pluralsight blog

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I prefer CBT Nuggets as well, but for 1/3 cost I can have a new favorite. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As a full-time student, there is no possibly way I can afford CBTnuggets at $99 a month. Trainsignal is the only IT training source I will be able to afford.
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    If this means Trainsignal goes down to $30/ month plus all the pluralsight videos this is definitely a no-brainer here. I loved the Trainsignal material but I couldn't afford an extra $50/ month. $30 for all this content is doable though....
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've subscribed to both CBTNuggets and TrainSignal to train for various exams. I like them equally.

But at $100 vs $50 (soon to be $100 vs $30), it's not a difficult decision at all. CBTNuggets needs to lower their prices.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    datgirldatgirl Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    I've subscribed to both CBTNuggets and TrainSignal to train for various exams. I like them equally.

But at $100 vs $50 (soon to be $100 vs $30), it's not a difficult decision at all. CBTNuggets needs to lower their prices.
    I like CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal for training as well, but as others have stated at $30 / month, there may be a new favorite IT training provider in town.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You will also get the content from PluralSight and PeepCode, though. So if you are interested in SharePoint or SQL Server or want to learn about DevOps (the actual methodology, not the generic term for an IT guy who can also do some coding) there is not going to be a better place to go.

They have more than 40 courses on SharePoint 2010/2013 for a total of 65 courses if you count SharePoint 2007. 29 courses on SQL Server (some with pretty advanced topics like performance optimization) and 9 courses on PowerShell.

Recently they published courses on advanced Windows troubleshooting and Windows Internals as well as some soft skills stuff like public speaking and prepping for interviews. Pluralsight is seriously awesome.