ccent lab time?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Just wondering how much lab time ye guys put in roughly for this one?
I bought netsim so guna go through all of those.

Thanks

Comments

• krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Not a whole lot. I bought a bunch of equipment for the CCENT and didn't end up using it very much. During ICND2 studies I've used it quite a bit more.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCENT (640-822) doesn't require too much labbing. Just basic configuration, some RIP and Serial WANs if I remember correctly. If you configure a router with a hostname, banner, and passwords (console, enable, and vty) to run RIP over a PPP link, that pretty much covers everything except switching if I remember correctly.

The new CCENT (100-101) covers alot more topics that require labbing (Single-Area OSPF, ACLs, etc...) as do both the old and new CCNA (640-816, 200-101).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    CCENT (640-822) doesn't require too much labbing. Just basic configuration, some RIP and Serial WANs if I remember correctly. If you configure a router with a hostname, banner, and passwords (console, enable, and vty) to run RIP over a PPP link, that pretty much covers everything except switching if I remember correctly.

The new CCENT (100-101) covers alot more topics that require labbing (Single-Area OSPF, ACLs, etc...) as do both the old and new CCNA (640-816, 200-101).

Yea, I'm almost done with Odom's book and I'm feeling like I need quite a bit of time at the CLI. I understand the topics, but when asked questions about them I have no idea how to answer them. So, I'm going to spend the next 5 days studying Odom's book then I should be getting Lammle's book in. At that point I'm going to go over those topics that are kind of annoying me and test them out on the sim software Lammle's releasing...kill two birds with one stone hopefully. Learn the material and test drive some new software.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just use Packet Tracer to get your lab time in. You can find it on the web if you google it.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To echo the others, not much labing required for the ICND1. Just really a test of basic networking/cisco conecpts. However, hands-on is definitely a benefit and will have your better prepped for your CCNA (ICND2).
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ok i will stick with netsim as i have it bought now.