Options

How to create a Wiki

brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
I have been tasked with building a Wiki page for the software I have built here on my new job. It will contain the sites I downloaded the software from to build such packages as HDF-5 and NetCDF. Which compilers I used etc. I've never built a Wiki page, and it is for internal use only. Are thre templates for Wiki pages? Especially one that allows this:
netcdf-4.1.3]$ CPPFLAGS=-I/software/depot/hdf5-1.8.10-pgi/include LDFLAGS=-L/software/depot/hdf5-1.8.10-pgi/lib ./configure --prefix=/software/depot/netcdf-4.1.3-pgi LDFLAGS="-fPIC" CPP="pgcpp -E" CC=pgcc CXXCPP="pgcpp -E" CXX=pgcpp F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90 F90=pgf90 CPPFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran" --disable-dap

I guess I am looking for pointers on how to highlight steps as the one above. Here it is done automatically.

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are you planning to use for Wiki software? If you are still thinking about which Wiki package to use - you may want to start with SharePoint since there are quite a few templates included. Here's a dated TechNet article but it will give you a good starting point if you are planning to use SharePoint - SharePoint: Wiki While You Work . If you want someone inexpensive and simple - I would also recommend MoinMoin - MoinMoinWiki - MoinMoin.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you don't care about the process of making it work and just want a working Wiki site, take a look at TurnKey:

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/wiki

They provide ready-to-use virtual appliances that you can deploy on VMware or other virtualization platform, or deploy to Amazon AWS cloud.

The link above includes MoinMoin, MediaWiki and a few others. I used TurnKey before and it worked beautifully.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sharepoint
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens