Options

VAS(Value added services) for your custumers

NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone

In order to increment sales in our company i was thinking in giving our custumers added vallues after adquiring Aruba Product with us(at least in my case as im the product manager of this product)

My question is as custumers(as i konw there are many custumers posting here) what added values your Partner(cisco, microsoft whatever brand) have gave you ? or which ones you would like?

For other partners

What added values do you give to your custumers when you sell them your product?

I mean Free Added Values.

Im thinking on a list of free added values to propose that to my sales manager to see if he approve it.

For now my list goes like this:

1-3 months of free support after the installation is done
2-Free 4 to 8 hours training for buying aruba products from us
3-Continue free Learning by youtube Videos in how to manage our product and basic troubleshooting(which ill do it myself), not really advanced stuff but for administrators which will help them a lot.

Anyways please guys some opinions with this would be really valueable, what other free values i can give to our custumers? without impacting that much our postsales support income.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The biggest value add is not what you give upfront, but how you act during your contract.

I have worked both on the service side managing a change team for managed services to global companies and I am now back working as a customer with a number of contracts withe various service companies.

What I found in both cases is the value add that stood out was companies who viewed the network of there customer as there own, and contently provided feed back on how the service could be improved. Where possible we would implement improvements to the service for free, or give the customer feed back with all the information we had gathered. Customers felt we cared about there network and so would look to us first when they had more work coming up.

I have taken some companies with me from my first job and they now work with my on high profile projects. Not because they offer me any thing up front. but simple because I trust them to do the best they can to insure I am happy with the work they do for me and give me great feed back. Up front value adds might sway a customer to use you, but the first few months are what decided if the will renew the contract, and keeping high profile customers is how a company grows.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.