Options

Anyone familiar with 3rd party software or a incident system that creates from email?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I was wondering if there was a tool or some software that took emails and converted them into request? Let's say to a specific email box and from there it would go into an incident management system. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think JIRA does what youre looking for.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Pretty standard feature. Almost every modern product out there that adheres to ITIL has this capability. Off the top of my head: ServiceDesk Plus, ZenDesk, ServiceNow, Numara, etc. I would actually be surprised to see this feature missing.
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Almost all helpdesk/ticketing software has this capability. For instance, I have our ticketing system configured so that when an end-users sends an email to: help.desk@mycompany.com, it automatically is imported by the ticketing system, assigned a SLA priority of medium (per corporate), and routed to the proper technician client.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    That is great to hear. Honestly I have been a part of several service desk, anywhere from a tech to a manager and In between. I have never seen this feature enabled. I am getting old I suppose. Do you think this can work with SharePoint? I'm going to Google around a bit, but I am curious if there is a plug in to SharePoint to allow this. Thanks a lot for you great answers.
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Help Desk

The Help Desk application template helps departments manage the process of handling service requests. Team members use the application template to identify service requests, to manage identification of the root causes and to track request statuses.

Not sure if this helps or not, but here ya go! :)
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know HP Service Desk and Service Manager 9 have this feature. BMC Software's Remedy has it too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    I'm looking for something that is inexpensive and fairly lightweight. Ideally it would be pretty simple.
  • Options
    discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    This was something I looked at a couple years back, unless you have some good developers on hand who can spend time making this using SharePoint isn't easy to slap something together.
    It was cheaper for the business to buy manage engine service desk, its a good product for a very cheap price.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    If only my work would implement something like this, we get 3-400 sometimes 500 emails a day, its crazy