CCDA / CCDE Prepration

rajeshbishtrajeshbisht Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team , I am Rajesh and has a total experience of 9 + years in networks . Most of my experience is in Planning and design of Telco network . So I was thinking to have some certifications on Design part . I am starting from CCDA and expecting CCDE by next year . So please recommend me how to prepare for the same. Also recommend some good books and videos .

Comments

• powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    1 year is a pretty condensed timeline, but I here there's a pretty amazing CCDE thread running in the CCIE forum here.
  • rajeshbishtrajeshbisht Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Pomia, I have cleared CCNP 2 years back but is not in touch with routers from long time. Please suggest how much time is required in such case .
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    I honestly couldn't tell you. It's different with everyone. All I can tell you is how long it took me. After I had my CCNP and CCIP, it took me a year of studying for 8 hours a day on average to get my CCIE. After my CCIE, a couple years of better experience and a year of study to get to where I am now (I take my CCDE practical in two weeks). You don't need a CCIE, but it helps.

As for the CCDA and CCDP... If you have enough experience designing IP networks, I imagine it would only be a matter of months before you could get your CCDA/CCDP. It all depends on how much time you put into it.