Options

Comparison Between Network+ and Security+ (And I passed Sec+ today!)

aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed my Security+ today with an 804/750! I used Darril's book as my only study resource. CompTIA tests always give me "I failed" syndrome because of the beta questions, but I definitely felt better about passing this test than I did for my Network+ and I also scored better on this than the Network+. I'm just glad I passed though and will be studying for my CCENT after I take a week off.

For anyone who hasn't taken the network+ or security+ and is curious about the difference in difficulty between the two: I felt that going from no knowledge to a Network+ was much more difficult than going from Network+ knowledge to a Security+. So, even though the Security+ is a harder test, if you're transitioning from Network+ I'd say it's easier to pass than trying to pass your Network+ as your first certification.

Cheers! icon_cheers.gif
2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif Good Job!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Glad to hear that the book helped you pass.

Good luck with the CCENT.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    stchan0004stchan0004 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! Good luck with CCENT
  • Options
    nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx