Options

is the cwna 2nd edition still okay to use?

I have the free 2nd edition e-book and would like to start studying from it, although I just curious if that is a good idea. Are the changes between 2/3 based on updates or updates/ and test format change? Any recco's?

thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of new information has been added to the 3rd edition. If you have the 2nd edition for free it is ok to read but I would purchase the 3rd edition if you are planning on testing for this certification. The cost of buying another book (even an expensive Planet 3 book) is much less than the cost of paying to retake the test.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Visit the cwna forums.

With all the people that are failing using version 3, I wouldn't even want to try with version 2.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The 3rd edition is a serious update of the 2nd. Because the official study guide is your best study tool, you should have the edition that matches the exam that you will be taking. Besides, there's lots and lots of great wireless information in the 3rd edition. I use all of my CWNP books as references for anything 802.11 that I do.
  • Options
    stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Thanks for the replies; I'll take your advice and purchase the 3rd edition.

-Brian