Options

Glasses vs. contacts for IT?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    I wore contacts for 10 years (age 14-24) before switching to glasses with anti-glare and anti-scratch. I love glasses when sitting in front of a screen all day, but also prefer contacts and a good set of safety glasses when in the field
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    instant000 wrote: »
    Funny topic.

I wear glasses, but I'm married already. I have a couple coworkers, these guys didn't get married until after they got rid of the eyeglasses! Too funny!
    Lol! Interesting connection... though there are women for whom glasses are a turn-on. Look for a female Big Bang Theory fan and chances are she is turned on the geeky look that wearing glasses give.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    vanquish23 wrote: »
    GUNNAR Optiks

GUNNAR Optiks - Advanced Computer Eyewear, Gaming Glasses, Prescription Eyewear

Not just for gamers, they also have them for people who are in IT and in front of the computer 8+ hours a day.
    I am looking for a way to avoid getting my eyes tired quickly while watching at the screen and was wondering if these glasses can alleviate my problem. I can't stare at screens long enough to read as much as I would like to just because of that issue, eyes getting tired pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    varelg wrote: »
    I am looking for a way to avoid getting my eyes tired quickly while watching at the screen and was wondering if these glasses can alleviate my problem. I can't stare at screens long enough to read as much as I would like to just because of that issue, eyes getting tired pretty quickly.

I have a pair, and I try to use them, but I find that they get annoying after a while. When I'm on my work machine I don't notice such an issue because I have a window next to the monitor that I can look out often (and do) and the screen auto adjusts the brightness for ambient lighting. My gaming rig I notice they help on because of 1) no window and 2) no auto adjustment.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."