Verifying/validating VMware cert holders

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
Where on VMware's site is a feature for verifying that someone holds the VMware certification(s) that they claim to? I found this blog post on and this FAQ entry on verifying VMware certs, but by now VMware must have a more formal procedure than what it describes. If so, VMware sure doesn't make it easy to find.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    actually they JUST changed the process, as of a week or two ago they revamped the entire vmware cert portal.

So now certified folk can download a pdf copy of their cert. I don't know if this is true for all certs but I know it is for the VCP5 (I have it).

Candidates can grab a copy of the new cert on the portal and give you their authentication code from the cert. Then you just head over to vmware.com/go/verifycert to authenticate. If successful you'll see the following

Certification Found

Certification Name:VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization
    Certification #:XXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX
    Certified As:Tha Boss
    Date Certified: Jul 30, 2002
    Certificate Status:icon_certified.gif Active
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Sweet! So VMware now use a verification code printed on the certificate just like Cisco and CompTIA already do.

I'm writing up blog article on how to verify/validate certs from different vendors. Looks like I picked a good time to do so.

Thanks!
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    @JD Please share the blog with us ! This would be really helpful when I interview ! I spend so much time verifying the certs each one has !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja