My company is hiring Jr and Mid Level Network Engineer

If you have interest in a Network Engineer position in a data center environment and would willing to live around the Raleigh, or southern VA area please message me with your details and I can forward your resume to the hiring manager. I am not a recruiter but I can put you in contact with one to let you know what HP Enterprise Services can do for you. CCNA would be helpful but not required. You should be able to pass a Security Clearance background check from 10 years back.

What will you be learning?

LAN Switching, OSPF, iBGP, Spanning Tree, etc, etc
Cisco 6509 Switches
Cisco 7000, 5000, 2000 Switches
Cisco ACE
Cisco Security Manager (ACL verification, Tshoot with ASA 5585's and a few Palo Alto FW's)
F5 Load Balancing
Cisco Call Manger
CA Tools NetQOS
He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.

Comments

• gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    so no experience is necessary?
  • vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    Well some kind of background in Networking would be preferred, or a CCNA. You do not have to have data center experience.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    would be cool if I lived out there. : (
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Wow...if I lived there I would apply in a heart beat. Any idea on the ballpark $ figure?
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a awesome opportunity.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow, these types of opportunities don't grow on trees. Great opening for CCNA's without experience...
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    icon_sad.gif why did I move to southern MD! icon_sad.gif
  • phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    Guys just move there if you want the job! You don't see the chance you all have to be Americans? I am a Canadian citizen and I would move there for the job if I had the slightest chance to be considered. I just can't believe what I'm reading!
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    I definitely would consider it. Just the nerves of being in your mid 20s and never left the state for another job before. I would be very interested in taking the jump and driving down there though...only would have to worry about an apartment.
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like an awesome opportunity! I would have been all over this a few months ago.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    This looks like a great opportunity for someone.

I'm assuming the 7000, 5000, 2000 are referring to Nexus?

This is a great opportunity for someone, look at all the different areas it hits:
    route/switch
    datacenter
    security
    voice
    network management
    load balancing

They're not even looking for a lot of data center experience. Great opportunity!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Wow, if I could keep my current salary, I'd do it. It's one of my big regrets that I never really spent any time on the netadmin side of the house.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there a posting for this job on the internet?
    They would be posted here, but this is the external site.

https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/infotech/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&jobfield=1400&radiusType=K&radius=1

Jobs not posted yet, but search for Information Technology --> United Stats, VA.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To bad this is opportunity is not near me. I would apply in a heartbeat. I cannot relocate. Good luck in your search.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    too bad i'm in the army.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • mausdmchlmausdmchl Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a great (rare) opportunity! I'd like to PM you to ask you about additional details, but I'm too new. I'm in the Southern California area and the current job market for entry-level IT is depressingly bad. I'm about to venture off into another state for relief.
    Anyone else interested? Located in Southern VA and Raleigh area.
  • restebicrestebic Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested. Where exactly is the position though? I live in winston-salem, so it might be too far for me.

I am CCNA certified, and also have Help desk experience.

Thanks for any info.
    Cannot tell you exactly until the security clearance is completed. In between Oxford and South Hill.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sent you an IM about this a while ago.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Mongo32Mongo32 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would be interested in forwarding my resume if the position is still available. I was planning on relocating to either Raleigh or Charlotte in a couple of months anyway.

I am looking to break into more of a networking job, and out of end user support. The clearance should be no problem.
  • JagF-CoupeJagF-Coupe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like an interesting opportunity. I currently live near Charlottesville, but could relocate for this position. Please let me know if the Junior Networking position is still open and if so, where I should forward my resume.
  • oshikuruoshikuru Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I live in the Raleigh area. I recently got my CCNA and am very eager to start a job or get some kind of experience in networking. Would also like to advance beyond CCNA for sure. Please let me know if you are still looking. Thank you