Options

Question Re: Cisco Press Books

HisBoyElroyHisBoyElroy Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I'm digging out my Cisco Press books to give the CCNA another shot. I purchased them in the early part of 2004. When I was browsing the local bookstore this week, I saw the "same" set but it said it had new updates for 2005. Does anyone know what these updates are and do I need to purchase this new set of Cisco Press books? I have the latest updates for the software that came with the books. Is that good enough? I can't imagine THAT much changing between then and now. The basics are still the basics, correct? Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    silver_225silver_225 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the books you currently have are good enough. I purchased the Cisco Press CCNA Self Study books about mid-year 2004 and they were fine. I would however recommend that you also use another source to study. I found Sybex's (Lammle) book a great compliment to the Cisco Press books. Good luck on your studies.
  • Options
    silver_225 wrote:
    I think the books you currently have are good enough. I purchased the Cisco Press CCNA Self Study books about mid-year 2004 and they were fine. I would however recommend that you also use another source to study. I found Sybex's (Lammle) book a great compliment to the Cisco Press books. Good luck on your studies.

I'm going to have to do just that. Several people have suggested using both, but at least I won't have to buy a new set of the Cisco Press books. Thank you for the input!
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    You can download the updates in PDF format from Ciscopress.com for the 2004 version books, thats what I did.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    silver_225 wrote:

I'm going to have to do just that. Several people have suggested using both, but at least I won't have to buy a new set of the Cisco Press books. Thank you for the input!

I used Sybex and Cisco Press both, on every Cisco test. Every now and then, I throw an ExamCram 2 in the mix. (cisco security tests)

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    Very helpful info. Thanks, everyone.