Options

CISM: December, 2013

SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just registered for the CISM: December 14, 2013 exam!

I am going through the CISM Review Manual and ISACA CISM Exam Review 2013 (Q&A). I am on 2nd domain now and getting average 85% on domain 1 & 2.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
SB

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'll be interested in the feedback as well as I am going to register for the CISM in December too. I plan on utilizing the ISACA materials as well.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    How your preparation is going on for the December, 2013 CISM test?

Please update...

Thanks
    SB
  • Options
    ntuser2000ntuser2000 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJo,
    I was just reading your CISSP thread. Seems we are exchanging cert paths. I just sat the CISM exam in Sept and passed with a top 10% score. I have 15+ year experience in IT security but the management aspect of this test is hard to grasp. I only studied for just shy of 3 months. My study resources were the review guide and cert database questions. I read through the guide once and then followed that with the Q&A database questions. I started in learning mode and took 50 or 100 question tests once a day for about 6 weeks, reviewing the what and why of missed questions. About 2 weeks before the exam I started taking 200 question practice tests every 3 days or so and then stopped studying the Thursday before the exam. I figured better to rest my brain. The biggest thing you get from the practice exam isn't memorizing answers. It is learning to think like the exam questions. You won't see the practice questions on the exam, but you will learn how to think like the test, pick up on key words. Hope that help and good luck to both of you.
  • Options
    IvDoggIvDogg Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In case anyone is stalking this thread for their results... Just got my CISM results a few minutes ago via email. Passed 497! Check your mailboxes!
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes. Just got it - 656 !
  • Options
    cquispe.devcquispe.dev Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed CISM !!! :D

"We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 651.Your score was in the top 5 percent of those testing"
  • Options
    vidog2000vidog2000 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Successfully passed CISM with a score of 609, top 10% elated!!
  • Options
    boardmemberboardmember Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with 503, thought I would fail. Very Happy
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 487. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below. SCALED SCORES OF YOUR PERFORMANCE BY AREA: The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 401
    Governance and Management of IT: 534
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 368
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support: 527
    Protection of Information Assets: 550
  • Options
    Passed CISM as well!

Congrats to all.

Regards
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed too. Grats to all.

I also submitted my documents. :P
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    khiemkpkhiemkp Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @all:
    Congrats to all.

Regards
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all those in the thread who passed!

I am looking to follow up my CISSP with the CISM as well. Could you guys recommend me some study materials and a rough idea of a timeline for preparing for the exam? I passed the CISSP in November so a lot of the information is still fresh and I would like to add the CISM to my resume as well.
  • Options
    Good afternoon.

I couldn't find very much in the line of study material for the CISM. I used the official study guide and the questionnaire database and passed in the top 5%. I took the CISSP in May, the CISA in September, and the CISM in December (still waiting on the application process to finish for the CISM). I think that the knowledge from the first two helped the most with the CISM, you just look at it from the management side.
  • Options
    Any one received certification? It is still showing "unreviewed"!

Regards
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nope. Unreviewed. I submitted my application the Monday following results. Hey, at least the hard part is over :)
  • Options
    I filed the application the Monday following the results as well. My status changed late yesterday to: Complete-Under Review. I expect to hear something very soon.

I know that I could have done something a little differently in proving my experience so they might ask for more documentation. I'll just wait and see.
  • Options
    It just changed to 'Approved.' Still not certified technically, but now it's just a matter of waiting for the email.
  • Options
    I have just received the email and noted that the website is updated that my CISM certification is complete and certification has been granted.
  • Options
    Congrats again!

I am still unreviewed!
  • Options
    I submitted my application on January 31, 2014 and it is more than 5 weeks after submission, still showing "unreviewed"! icon_sad.gif

Regards
  • Options
    FlushFlush Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here as well, submitted on the 27th.
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Congrats to you all.
  • Options
    Status changed to: Complete-Under Review!
  • Options
    Uhh...Status changed to: Approved!
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Sky, Wish this section of the forums got a little more activity!
  • Options
    mirek604mirek604 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    Congrats Sky, Wish this section of the forums got a little more activity!

Mine also changed to Approved yesterday, awaiting the certification number now.
  • Options
    I just received the email that I have been granted certification as a Certified Information Security Manager(CISM)!

Thanks everyone.

Regards