Options

Passed ICND2 Yesterday. (re-certified)

HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yup, I passed the ICND2 yesterday with a score of 846.

I was surprised I passed since when I sat for the exam I had a head cold plus Red Bull withdrawal shakes. Both my hands were actually shaking when I reached for the start button on the exam.

My current CCNA was set to expire on August 31, 2013 aka in nine days....

The most challenging part of the exam for me is racing the clock.
I would easily have earned a score in the 900's if I had not been racing to finish the exam before time ran out.
There is a count down clock running on your test screen during the test.

When I first earned my CCNA (3 yrs ago) I took the full exam. The ICND2 was new to me and had me worried. I would recommend doing lab work and knowing and understanding how to configure and trouble shoot all of the switching and routing subjects covered by this exam.

I used most of the same study tools and books as others on this forum. I really like the CBT video's which walk you through many labs directly related to this exam.

I would work Boson practice exams and any question that I was not confident about I would pull up either GNS3 or PT and model the subject. These simulators and emulators are your best friend. You should be able to build a simple lab from scratch in just a few minutes, including both switches and routers. Once you can do this then practicing the different CCNA subjects using the CLI becomes second nature!

An example would be: What would happen to a Host connected to a switch access port assigned to vlan20 on switch3 (vtp client) if vlan20 was deleted on switch1 (vtp server) using the CLI global command "no vlan20". What if switch3 was set as a vtp server or had a misspelled vtp domain name. You should be able to build and test this lab in less than eight minutes. Reload all the switches back to default settings and then repeat the drill. If the next Boson question asked about placing a named access list (ACL) intended to restrict assess to a LAN segment then just build the lab and see for yourself how to do this and what happens if you tweak it in the process. Using this approach you will build hundreds of labs and master the subjects.

I hope to start working on my CCNP very soon.

Goodluck.

Comments