Options

ICND2 in 5 weeks or start the new track?

sawyer815sawyer815 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all!

I've been out of the cert game for a bit since I started working so I never got around to finishing ICND2.

I just found out today my track is ending.

I blew by ICND1 two years ago using TrainSignal, Cisco Netacademy, and the Wendell Odom books. Basically breathed and slept Cisco for 3 months while unemployed. Haven't done much with Cisco in the last two years except for some small stuff on some a 2950,3750, and an ASA firewall. We use the small business line with no CLI.

I'm considering just buckling down and trying to bang out the exam in late September, I could probably take a week of vacation in between. Most of the time would be review and filling in the gaps

Any recent test takers have any thoughts? How difficult would it be to dive back in since I've been essentially been in the MS/VMware world for two years.

My resources are as follows:
  • Train Signal (Old and New) subscribed thru work
  • Wendell Odom
  • Cisco Exploration Series 1-4
  • Packet Tracer
  • Cisco ASA 5505
From what I remember I could do most things with GSN3 and Packet tracer except some spanning tree stuff. I was lightning fast at subnetting but haven't had to do it in ages.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The core technologies are the same so the vast majority of the studying you do will be valid for either exam. Five weeks might be cutting it pretty close, but it's not like you will have to start from scratch if you don't make the cut off.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.