Options

MTA Software Development Fundamentals

bstanbstan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, all--thanks for the any help you can provide. I'm new here and, after exhausting the search function, would like some help finding study materials for the MTA Software Development Fundamentals material.

Usually, the only reference is to the Western Governors University program certifications. I looked at the Ucertify material, which is approximately $100 online, but it looks a bit hastily assembled. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Thank you for the help.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Amazon sells the book provided by WGU. This is the book I used for the exam and it covered what I needed.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice and additional perspective on that book. I had run across the same text, but several Amazon reviews noted the book to be pretty bare bones and it scared me off of it: "Like a previous reviewer, I bought this to prep for the MTA Exam. This is NOT intended as a standalone resource. The title is misleading and should include the word "Workbook". This book is supposed to be used as supplementary material for an actual academic course." and "There are no answers to the tests and exercises at the end of lesson/chapter making them all but useless. No way to get the answers either. Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased this book. Not what was expected."

Regardless, the book is pretty cheap used or may be available to check out at a library. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    deadpoetdeadpoet Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got those MS books for 98-361 and 98-362 - studied each of them from scratch in two weeks time and passed.

FWIW: got this book for the 70-483 exam and it read/studied A LOT easier than the O'Reilly book.

Herwig
  • Options
    Thank you for the extra information on those two references. It sounds like those will be great study aids.