Options

Passed CISSP Today!!! Bangkok, Thailand (Aug 28th)

seph123seph123 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
First of all let me say............ PHEW.......... the huge relief of stress off of my shoulders feels great!!!

I have been telling everyone about this CISSP exam for the last 4 months and have been getting constant inquiries about my status with it..... very stressful...... I felt like failing would be letting down my entire circle of family and friends that had been telling me I could do it and to keep my head up high.... lol I constantly was fighting with my girlfriend telling her that if I failed it was her fault for constantly interrupting me while I studied hahaha...... phew.... after I finish writing this it's time to go have a celebration beer!!

So the exam wasn't as bad as I expected -- I am not sure what questions were the prototype (test) questions but there were some questions that were absolute stumpers for me-- I didn't think I was gonna pass I felt like I hadn't studied enough and I did.... I have no idea if I just barely passed or what.... but all the practice exams I've been doing I've been failing and I thought for sure I'd fail the actual test..... it seems like the practice tests are more tricky than the actual test

I would recommend doing all practice questions in all of the books Official book - AIO book - Conrad book (read this at least once it is so short.....) I think to me that the practice questions help me the most.... just reading blindly without knowing the questions u r reading for is difficult.... when u know what answers u r looking for it helps a lot....

also I tried to keep in mind thinking like a manager

lol sorry to type this up quickly -- I am excited and really want to go have that beer!! peace for now!! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Go drink a beer with an elephant on the label! drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    Had a Chang beer for the admin icon_razz.gif

Now that I passed the exam I need to get endorsed but I don't know anyone except people ive added on Linked in -- I've messaged 2 people one I worked with in the Marines and another thats here in Bangkok that I haven't personally met....

ISC2 recommends to find people to endorse but it's totally understandable that people are scared to endorse someone they don't know too well or at all...... is this the case you think? I would be hesitant to endorse someone too I suppose since the cert was a pain to get....

I know ISC2 can endorse me and I'll probably end up going that route -- I just worry they will want to be very stringent on me -- which I have pretty good proof of my employment
  • Options
    jim2kjim2k Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats not a bad place to take a test. I just got my results and I passed so I,ll be having a San Miguel in pattaya in November
  • Options
    Hahaha good!! you can endorse me when you get there :P
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif