Options

Is there such thing as too many certificates?

13»

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    pert wrote: »
    Dont agree with this. CCIE is not needed for people in Enterprise, ability to manage routing/switching, wireless, voice, and security at the CCNA/CCNP level is. CCIE level knowledge is a wasted opportunity cost unless you are at an MSP, ISP, reseller, cloud/data center provider. Some employers may be too stupid to know this, but its true nonetheless.

CCIE's are needed in the enterprise it just depends on the company. One of the clients I'm working with now just hired a CCIE. They buy new companies all the time and they spent 750K with us on consulting. They could have hired a R&S/Voice and security IE for that price and still saved money. They have been doing this for over 5 years now. It just depends on the company. Plenty of Enterprises need CCIE's they are just too cheap to realize it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    pertpert Member Posts: 250
    shodown wrote: »
    CCIE's are needed in the enterprise it just depends on the company. One of the clients I'm working with now just hired a CCIE. They buy new companies all the time and they spent 750K with us on consulting. They could have hired a R&S/Voice and security IE for that price and still saved money. They have been doing this for over 5 years now. It just depends on the company. Plenty of Enterprises need CCIE's they are just too cheap to realize it.

So this is like multinational sized right? Providing an extreme case really doesn't dispute anything I said. I'm sure Microsoft does need CCIEs, but that's hardly relevant is it?