Options

I'm new here and have failed this test too many a time.

amusicianamusician Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need to know of any methods for studying this
god-forsaken exam. No matter how obvious your suggestions
in my study habits may seem, i need to hear them
and get a good standing of what I need to do.

First, these microsoft press kit books, I'm pretty annoyed that
I've failed this exam a few times and this is the first i've heard of them,
icon_cry.gif
are they in pdf format anywhere, are they even necessary,
dont all these damn exam prep books that I've paid tons for have
ANY use?
icon_mad.gif
I imagine that I have to go get win 2k pro, and use it while
reading about topics. But what are the most efficient and practical ways I should use this OS once taking the time to get it?

What the hell is a tranverser or THE transverser etc etc
icon_rolleyes.gif
And what good are any of these braindumps and sample tests etc
when they are outdated and tend to no longer apply??

Especially if you dont know everything about the subject in full,
these braindumps will overlook key information.
(but if you know it in full, you wouldnt even get a braindump text I imagine)

Basically I need to know how to pass this exam within a few weeks,
what works, and what is absolutely NECESSARY

Do i really have to spend a c-note on a damn shelf-load of microsoft brand (the logo = $) books when the internet should have same information in HTML or PDF format organized differently?

Please help me! If I don't plan to take this test in less than a month, it's effect on my personal life will be nothing short of devastating.
icon_sad.gif
I know one of you overeducated people can help.
-yohan

Comments

• Options
    TFWTFW Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the exam last Monday and passed on my second attempt. :D

I used a combination of resources to pass:
    1) Wave 70-210 courseware, which I found did not cover everything in the exam.
    2) I purchased the official Microsoft Press book and also found it did not seem to cover everything in the Exam, however it does have a sample exam on CD-Rom, some of the questions actually showed up in the exam I did last week.
    The last resource that I used was a combination of the Exam Cram 70-210 book and their test engine, which I downloaded from www.examforce.com. I managed to get it free of charge on a promotion about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure whether it is still available. If not contact me at trevor.webster@btinternet.com and I will see if I can't forward you a copy of the test engine and the exam.

It helps if you have a copy of 2000 Professional to test out your skills on, but I should warn you that you need it in a networked environment as a lot of the questions deal with Professional in this context, as I am sure you are aware.

Have you done 70-215? As the Microsoft Press book, might have an evaluation copy of Windows 2000 Server with it. If it doesn't 70-218 does.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    which I downloaded from www.examforce.com. I managed to get it free of charge on a promotion about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure whether it is still available.

Funny you mentioned that... we will have that offer available within a couple of days... yes, you heard it correct: we are going to give away free full version and special edition version of ExamForce products :D
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    you can also order Win2k Advanced Server evaulation CD from Microsoft for about $5.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/edk/

As for spending $$-- it's an investment. You can get a book from ebay or half.com to save some money. But get something. ebooks are great, but I wouldn't use them as a primary study tool.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Webmaster wrote:
    which I downloaded from www.examforce.com. I managed to get it free of charge on a promotion about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure whether it is still available.

Funny you mentioned that... we will have that offer available within a couple of days... yes, you heard it correct: we are going to give away free full version and special edition version of ExamForce products :D

I've made a deal with ExamForce, that allows our visitors to download 7 additional products including two full versions, besides the 4 they offer at their site for their visitors! Here you go:
    www.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525
  • Options
    vikingsjasvikingsjas Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_wink.gif Transcender! Use the Transcender exams! They are a bit on the expensive side, but BELIEVE me they are they best thing out there. I also used the Testout Exam Software, also very good. I used it and passed the exam the first time. :D
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't how many time you fail, but if you don't understand the material. It don't matter how many practice exam you can get that can help you.

U need to study and know the materials.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    amusician wrote:
    I imagine that I have to go get win 2k pro, and use it while

that's you solution.

are you into sports? reading your books and doing the practise tests and then doing the exam, is like talking people who are interested in a sport (who haven't played it), teaching them the theory and tactics and stuff, and sending them out into their event or match or whatever without the practise.

beg, steal or borrow a copy if you have to (but don't say how you acquired it here), and get some hands-on!!
    A+ Moderator